We believe strongly in the immunization guidelines put forth by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Adhering to this schedule as closely as possible is the best way to protect your child, as well as the other children in our community and beyond.
Unfortunately, many parents are continually exposed to misinformation and unscientific evidence that calls into question the safety of vaccines and this recommended immunization schedule. We encourage parents to speak to their pediatric healthcare provider or primary care physician about the importance of vaccines for children and their health and the dangers of vaccine-preventable diseases. Without immunizations, many more serious illnesses would be affecting our nation’s children today.
Important Reasons to Immunize Your Child
We all want what is best for our kids so make sure they have all of their vaccinations. Here are five reasons why it is so important:
- Immunization protects our future generations. Vaccines have reduced or eliminated diseases which would kill or disable people just a few generations ago.
- Vaccinating is safe and effective. We encourage parents to speak to their child’s pediatric healthcare provider about the importance of vaccinating.
- Immunizations could save your child’s life. For an example, polio was once the United States’ most-feared disease, causing death and paralysis in thousands. Thanks to the vaccine, there are no reports of polio to date.
- Immunization protects those around you. It not only protects your family, but also helps prevent the spread of these diseases to your friends, and those around you that are at risk.
- Saves your family time and money. If not vaccinated, some preventable diseases can result in prolonged illness, resulting in loss of time at work, financial hardship, or long-term disabilities.
Below, you can find the schedule recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. If you have specific questions regarding our immunization schedule or a particular vaccine, do not hesitate to call us.
Northland Flu Vaccines
This year influenza has been especially deadly, in both children and adults. However, it is not too late to get your child’s flu vaccine. We have opened specific flu clinics this winter to make the flu vaccination even more accessible.* Outside our flu clinic’s hours, Health Care for Children offers Northland flu vaccines by appointment seven days a week.
Schedule a Vaccination in Liberty Today! *Now providing Influenza vaccinations
Unsure where to get started with your child’s vaccine regimen? Our experienced Northland pediatricians are here to answer any questions about immunization and to provide the vaccinations your child needs to stay protected.
*We are offering specific flu clinics to help immunize our patients. These clinics will be offered every Saturday and Sunday in October, November, and December, from 1:30 to 4:00 each of those days. We do require you to call and make an appointment for this service. We will be filing these vaccinations with insurance this year, and so we ask that you come a few minutes early to help us with a small amount of paperwork. We HIGHLY recommend influenza vaccination for ALL family members, 6 months of age and older.
Proudly serving the Northland in Liberty and Kansas City